After completion of this course students will be ready to work in the electronics industry as an electrical engineering technician.
Electrical Engineering Technician is currently on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
Throughout your studies you will learn technical knowldge that will allow you to give advice to clients in a sales environemtn. Students will also gain skills in variable speed drivers, analogue and digital electronics, programmable logic controlles and renewable energy. When you finish the course, students wil have the ability to design and evaluate electrical systems and equipment.
Advanced Diploma of Engineering Technology – Electrical
Course Duration: 24 months
Intake Dates: Jan and July
Locations: Brisbane, Melbourne
Costs: $12,000 – $13,000 per year
Common Course Requirements:
- Must have graduated year 10 in home country.
- Must have a minimum of IELTS 5.5 overall.
- This course includes 360 hours of vocational placement.
Graduates will be skilled in many aspects of electronic engineering technician including:
- Develop strategies to address environmental and sustainability issues in the energy sector.
- Fabricate, assemble and dismantle utilities industry components.
- Solve problems in d.c. circuits.
- Repair basic electronic apparatus faults by replacement of components.
- Troubleshoot resonance circuits in an electronic apparatus.
- Apply physics to solving electrotechnology engineering problems
- Fault find and repair complex power supplies.
- Design and develop advanced digital systems.
- Troubleshoot communication systems.
- Develop, enter and verify control progams for programmable controls
- Provide engineering solutions to problems in complex polyphase power circuits
This course also offers pathways into university courses and students may be able to apply for recognized prior learning to earn credit towards a bachelor degree.
Job Forecast & Career Information:
- Electronic engineer technicians average weekly earnings is $1430 per week.
- The average hours worked in Australia are 37.5 per week.
- Employment for this occupation rose very strongly in the past five years and fell in the long-term.
- Electronic engineering draftspersons, technicians have a high proportion of full-time jobs (93 per cent).
- They can work independently or be part of a larger energy company, mining company and government.
Electrical Engineering Technician is currently on the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List.
- Diploma of Electronics and Communications.
- 2 years on the job experience
Options for a Temporary Graduate Visa
If undertaking study in Australia for a minimum of 2 years you may qualify for the Temporary Skilled Graduate Visa. This visa allows the holder 1.5 years unlimited work rights in Australia. Many graduates use this time to build up experience in their field or find an employer that is willing to sponsor their visa.
If you have applied for the Temporary Graduate Visa you may also be eligible to apply for the Job Ready Program. The Job Ready Program is run through TRA and allows graduates in certain disciplines to have their skills assessed for skilled migration purposes. It is a way for people to have their skills assessed without having the experience. Once the student receives a positive skills assessment they may be eligible to apply for permanent work visas such as State Sponsored and General Skilled Migration Visas.
Have a read through this article which details how by studying the right course it could greatly increase your prospects of obtaining a permanent visa.
*Note* It is never recommended to undertake study for sole the purpose of trying to gain a visa to Australia.
If you are interested in studying to be a Electrical Engineering Technician in Australia contact Pathway to Aus to speak with one of our Education Agents. We can explain to you the course costs, duration and education providers so you better know your options.
P: +61(7)55327 000
E: [email protected]s.com
Or Apply or Enquire online