After completion of this course students will be ready to work in the as a Engineering Draftsperson in the industry. When you do this course you can specialise on becoming an Electrical or Civil Draftsperson. Civil and Electrical Engineering Draftspersons assist in civil and electrical engineering research, design, construction, operations and maintenance.
Electrical Engineering Draftsperson (312311) and Civil Engineering Draftsperson (312211) are currently on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
Students will learn the progressive technologies such as 3D design and modelling as well as use only the most current software. By studying this course you will learn advanced technical knowledge and research. And will be able to specialise in production planning and resourcing for engineering operations.
Advanced Diploma of Engineering
Course Duration: 24 months
Intake Dates: Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct
Costs: $11,750 per year
Common Course Requirements:
- Must have graduated year 11 in home country.
- Must have a minimum of IELTS 5.5 overall.
Graduates will be skilled in many aspects of Civil Engineering Draftsperson include:
- preparing sketches, charts, tabulations, plans and designs for civil engineering works such as drainage, water supply, sewerage reticulation systems, roads, airports, dams, bridges and other structures
- performing and directing fieldwork and laboratory testing
- interpreting work assignment instructions, applying appropriate procedures and selecting equipment
- collecting and analysing data, and carrying out computations
- estimating material costs and ensuring finished works are within specifications, regulations and contract provisions
- inspecting civil engineering works, and organising and supervising maintenance and repair work
- conducting field and laboratory tests of construction materials and soils, and collecting data for traffic surveys
This course also offers pathways into university courses and students may be able to apply for recognized prior learning to earn credit towards a bachelor degree.
Job Forecast & Career Information:
- Civil Engineering Drafts person average weekly earnings is $1403 per week.
- The average hours worked in Australia are 40.3 per week.
- Civil Engineering draftspersons generally work for a medium to large sized construction company, mining company and government.
Electrical Engineering Draftsperson and Civil Engineering Draftsperson are currently on the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List.
- Advanced Diploma of Engineering
Options for a Temporary Graduate Visa
If undertaking study in Australia for a minimum of 2 years you may qualify for the Temporary Skilled Graduate Visa. This visa allows the holder 1.5 years unlimited work rights in Australia. Many graduates use this time to build up experience in their field or find an employer that is willing to sponsor their visa.
Have a read through this article which details how by studying the right course it could greatly increase your prospects of obtaining a permanent visa.
*Note* It is never recommended to undertake study for sole the purpose of trying to gain a visa to Australia.
If you are interested in studying to become an Engineering Draftsperson in Australia, contact Pathway to Aus to speak with one of our Education Agents. We can explain to you the course costs, duration and education providers so you better know your options.
P: +61(7)55327 000