Studying in Australia
Australia is one of the most popular destinations for students all around the world. International students who study in Australia benefit from the high level of education and at very affordable prices.
Why Study in Australia?
One of the Best to Live & StudyAustralia ranks as the second best country to live in the United Nations Development Program. This ranking is based on such criteria as like life expectancy, school enrollment, income etc. The US ranks at 13th and the UK ranks 21st. Australia also has 8 of the top 100 ranking universities in the world according to THES World University Rankings.
Great Job OpportunitiesUpon graduation, students who study in Australia are quite successful in securing great jobs all around the world. Furthermore, they are often accepted into further study options at universities around the globe.
Financial and Personal SecurityThere are many regulations in place to protect international students. Every institution in Australia, whether it is an English school or top university, must meet specific government requirements and must be registered with the government. This helps to set extremely high standards of education.
Excellent Facilities & Friendly StaffApart from the high level of education international students receive in Australia, students will also be able to take in some of the countries culture. Australia has a plethora of sporting events, music concerts, and museums to attend.
Cheapest Course Options
We understand one of the biggest factors when making this decision is price. We have put together a list of some of the cheapest course options for international students to further there studies and extend there stay in Australia.
Universities in Australia
World-class institutions that provide an exceptional level of education.
Pathway to Aus is partnered with some of Australia’s universities and can definitely find a university to suit your study goals. Attending university in Australia will open the door for graduates to be employed by companies all around the world. Students can begin their tertiary studies in an undergraduate or Bachelor degree. Upon completion of a Bachelor degree students can choose to enter the workforce, or continue to study a Post-graduate or Masters Degree.
- Provide an exception level of education
- Have highly educated and respected staff
- Boast Exceptional facilities
- Have a diverse student population
- Have excellent international student support services
- Undergraduate Degree in only 3 years (4 years in the USA)
- Able to work throughout their degree
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Bachelor of Law
Length of Tertiary Study:
- Bachelor/Undergraduate Degree (3-5) years
- Honors (1 year)
- Masters Degree (1 – 2) years
- Doctorate (1 – 2) years
- Students must have an IELTS exam score of between 6.0 – 7.5 or equivalent.
- Throughout their degree, international students must study full-time. Meaning they must study 4 subjects per semester.
- Students will study together with Australian students.
Pathways to Aus is partnered with many English Schools in cities across Australia.
Pathways to Aus only partners with renowned and experienced English Schools, so students can rest assured that they are attending a high quality, ELICOS registered institution. The facilities and support that these schools offer are of very high quality. Our Education consultants are more than happy to assist our clients in choosing the course that is right for you.
Some of the reasons why international students choose to study in Australia include
- Strong education system with high level courses
- Qualified and educated teachers
- Affordable school fees
- Comparable livings costs to the UK and US
- Students can work whilst studying
- Excellent climate
- Diverse population
- Safe environment
- General English primarily focuses on improving students’ communication ability (speaking and listening) in a fun, yet challenging, classroom environment. Students can attend different level of courses based on their English ability (beginner, pre-intermediate, intermediate, upper intermediate and advanced)
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP) focuses on preparing students for studying courses at English speaking universities and vocational schools in Australia and around the world
- Business English classes prepare students to work in English-speaking professional environments and quite often can be tailored for students looking to work in a specific industry.
- High School Preparation prepares students to attend Australian high schools
- Cambridge prepare students to take the Cambridge language exam
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) prepare students to take the IELTS exam
Generally speaking, most English language courses will run for 20 – 25 hours per week and study Monday – Friday.
However intensive courses are also available upon request. Almost all of our partnered institutions offer rolling enrollment, meaning that students can enroll anytime throughout the year. Courses range in duration from 4 – 60 weeks long.
Average Tuition Fees
Between $200 – $350 per week
Costs to study in Australia vary on several factors including:
- Type of course studied
- Location of institution
- Hours of contact with teacher